Rear Delt Exercises for Strong Shoulders
If you’re after shoulder growth, a rear delt workout is your new routine. At Jack City Fitness, you can try the best rear delt exercises — with dumbbells, cables, barbells, or a machine — whatever works for you. Come and learn more today.
Rear Delt Exercises and More at Jack City Fitness
Feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? Then it’s probably time to try some rear delt exercises. Cable tools, dumbbells, and other equipment are all popular ways to hone your rear deltoid muscles. Practicing rear delt exercises will strengthen your shoulders and enable your body to take on more physical activity without risk of injury.
Want to try a rear delt workout? There are many ways to do so. We’ve picked a couple of the best rear delt exercises for you to incorporate into your “shoulder day” routine:
Bent-Over Dumbbell Raise
When it comes to rear delt exercises with dumbbells, this routine is royalty!
A bent-over dumbbell raise also has a few variations. You can perform it standing or seated; some athletes choose to perform it with only one arm. Here, we’ll cover the most basic version: standing and with both arms.
- Grab two dumbbells in your preferred weight.
- Plant your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees slightly and take on a “neutral spine” pose, with your head facing downwards.
- Arch your back and bend forward.
- Pull your arms forward so that your dumbbells are in front of you. Your elbows can be slightly bent here. Engage your core.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together, breathe out, and bring your arms up like wings.
- Slowly return your arms to their starting position.
Standing Reverse Cable Fly
When it comes to rear delt exercises, cable workouts can help hone those muscles and build strength. This particular routine is one of our favorites, and to properly perform it, you will need cable crossover workout equipment.
- Stand between your equipment. Plant your feet shoulder-width apart and arrange the weights so that the handles of the cable land near your shoulders.
- Cross your arms over each other (like a mummy!) and grab the handles of the opposite cables.
- Lean back slightly to keep your chest straight.
- Engage the upper part of your torso, squeeze your shoulder blades towards each other, and bring your arms backward and to the sides. You should form a “T” with your body.
- Rest, then slowly move your arms back to the beginning pose.
Ready to work those shoulders with a team of coaches who know all the best rear delt exercises out there? Partner up with our team at Jack City Fitness. We have everything you need to strengthen your shoulders — as well as the rest of your body.
Drop us a line or call (208) 999-1111 to schedule a visit to our Boise gym center. You can try a FREE fitness consultation, meet our coaches, and learn more about the many options we offer our partners, from 24/7 gym access to custom online training.
We can’t wait to see what you can do!